Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Jordan Crane's UPTIGHT



Without a doubt one of my favorite ongoing comics today. In a time when most independent cartoonists have ditched the "monthly" format in favor of the more economically promising book and "graphic novel" format, I love that guys like Jordan Crane are putting out good ol' fashioned comic books. I was pretty devastated when I heard that Sammy Harkham's "Crickets" was being cancelled due to economic decisions made by Diamond Distribution, but for now I still have Uptight.

Crane's work has been an inspiration since I first read his "Last Lonely Saturday" years ago (which remains one of my favorite comics of all time) and with Uptight he is at the top of his game. Do yourselves a favor and check it out. http://reddingk.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment