Saturday, March 13, 2010

I love my local library...besides carrying a wonderful selection of Criterion Collection films, they have an excellent choice of comics, and have even stocked (is that the right word?) a few comics I DON'T already own. One of those said books was Tim Lane's "Abandoned Cars." I had seen the cover for the book well before, and I had been intrigued by it's beautifully drawn and evocative image, but somehow had not gotten around to reading. Then, a few months ago, I saw that the library had it. I was immediately as equally impressesed with the work inside.
I hate comparing one artist to another, but my first impression was a work that was like the lovechild of Charles Burn and Llyod Llewellyn-era Dan Clowes. Needless to say, it left an impression.
I had been waiting to see more of Mr. Lane's work, when I head that Hotwire #3 would finally have some new work of his. For anybody not already aware of his work, please check out his blog site and immerse yourself. You are welcome.
http://jackienoname.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment