Monday, March 29, 2010

Sketchbook Comics



It took me a long time to commit to regularly using a sketchbook. I had a tendency to start a sketchbook, and then abandon it after a few weeks, to have it tucked away in a corner, forgotten. I would then be enticed to buy a new sketchbook (I love buying new art supplies, and seeing as I managed an art store for 4 years, this was a problem.) and draw in it, just to repeat the whole process once again. I have a closet filled with half-drawn in and unfinished sketchbooks.
But I have learned that sketchbooks can be fertile playgrounds for some of the better ideas I have had, and even to try new things. I know, “duh”, right?
I am now going to try to take full advantage of my sketchbooks, and maybe post some of the better examples here. Test the waters, so-to-speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment